A list of reasons for Giants fans to drink heavily:
1. The score 45-35 means that not only did we lose, but our defense absolutely sucked.
2. Speaking of the defense, Kiwi was asled to do an awful lot of coverage – not his strength.
3. The safeties can’t cover either, particularly Butler. Time to convert a CB to free safety. In fairness, Wilson did play well in run support. Too bad he and Pierce are the only tacklers on the team…
4. The defensive line got kicked in the nuts and took it like babies.
5. Injuries. We seem to get slammed every year. Just getting an early start in 2007. Manning, Jacobs, Umenyiora, and Dockery – it’s like a nightmare. Hopefully these guys aren’t hurt too bad.
6. Manning was under lots of pressure. Sure the offense played well and we balme the defense for this loss, but we still saw Manning under lots of pressure. I don’t blame the offensive line too much – running backs need to do better picking up blitzers (Droughns was OK here). Manning was hurt thanks to an unblocked Cowboy.
7. Alford’s snaps look like a problem.
8. The refs screwed us. On the long touchdown pass to Sam Hurd on third down and seven , Cowboys wideout Patrick Crayton stepped forward in his stance. The play should have been blown dead and there should have been a penalty. No doubt our defense would then give up a different big play considering how badly they sucked.
Things that weren’t so bad:
1. Derrick Ward played real well.
2. Diehl is really an NFL left tackle.
Manning played real well – his one interception was a great throw where Burress fell down.
3. Burress (despite the fall) and Toomer played real well.
4. Tynes played fairly well. Sure there were some low kcikoffs with not enough hangtime, but let’s face it – we didn’t even know if this guy was an NFL kicker or not.
5. Bradshaw can return kicks. Too bad he got so many chances thanks to our crappy defense though…